Sunday 1 December 2013

Fascinating People and Annoying Cats

This place, this place!  It has a beauty which takes my breath away sometimes.  Little Ol' Katikati.  Such a sleepy little hollow, yet so full of radiant beauty!  And the people too.  There are people from all walks of life.  Some colourful characters, interesting and downright fascinating!  Take for example, our builder who has just come to build our boundary fence.  He arrived in a custom-built, canary yellow corvette-looking car, complete with cut-away roof above the driver's seat!  Not your average beat-up truck or utility vehicle!  

The beauty of sun-down at the Park Road Harbour

Tidez Out.
Looking through rainbow-coloured windows onto the world

Our stained-glass kitchen window that I LOVE!
When I was a young teen-adult, I loved to watch people.  I would sit in a cafe or on a pavement and simply watch the people passing by, interacting with one another.  A very interesting past-time!  A little while ago, we had a Mural and Art Festival, drawing some interesting folk to a small town.  Below are some images of interesting characters from the entertainment offered, that I captured.....

The Red Girl 

The Red Man

Stilt-walker

Red Girl, again.
 Sometimes, the audience were as colourful as the entertainers themselves........
A member of the audience
Another gorgeous member of the audience

Wai Taiko http://www.waitaiko.com/ drumming group performs for the audience

A drummer from the Japanese drumming group from Hamilton, Wai Taiko
And then there's the fascinating little Katikati character called Shanti Shakti Shiva Punjabi Kamekaze Green, AKA, Shanti, our tri-colour cat.  I could have wrung her little fluffy neck this week!  First off, she was involved in a cat fight on Tuesday evening and we had to rescue her out of a tree at approximately 10.10pm.  Then I locked her in so that she wouldn't fight again.  She woke me several times over the course of the night, running up and down the stairs, meowwing, clawing the carpets and being very noisey until I got up to see what she was up to.  I was confronted by a powerful smell of cat poop - so at 3 am I had to clean it up, half asleep and gagging!  I was so annoyed that I banished her and locked her out this time.  5 am and there was this incessant and pitiful mewing coming from outside our window.  She has taken to climbing the first and then second level roof to reach our window.  I tried ignoring her but she was pretty persistent.  I did not get much sleep!   Perhaps if I was not vegetarian, it may well have been cat stew on the menu this week!  The next night, our daughter slept over at a friend's place, and returned the next morning to find the fiendish feline had chundered on her bed!  Yuck!  what is this cat coming to??  Next offense - she has begun to claw all 3 of my new coir door mats to shreds!?!
Crazy  Kati Kati Kitty!


"Cat Pooh.  Cat Spew!  Cat stew?"
Bearing in mind, her given name, Shanti, means Peace!  Certainly has not lived up to her name this week.   I do love her dearly.  Just not this week.  Will give her another week to redeem herself............

Om mani padme hum.  Om Shanti.
“Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose.” 
― Garrison Keillor


No comments:

Post a Comment